Female Board Experience, Across The Board
16:00 - 17:00
An iWIN (Insurance Women's Inclusivity Network) seminar
Women from across the insurance industry and beyond talk about the challenges they have faced breaking into the boardroom.
- Given recent initiatives driven by the PRA, FCA, and Bank of England (Plan to improve diversity and inclusion within regulated firms) and Lloyd’s (Market Oversight Principle 13 - Managing agents should be inclusive, creating a diverse high-performance culture) around inclusion, diversity, and culture; content of this event is timely and very relevant to Boards and the wider insurance industry.
- This event will commence with a summary of relevant academic research which will both surprise and inspire you (US and Canadian research into how gender and ethnic diversity impacts the actions of boards and appointed actuaries of insurers), followed by a panel discussion including insurance industry Board Members and Independent Non-Executive Directors, through a frank and possibly challenging Q&A session.
- We are grateful for the participation and support of Dr. Olga Kanj, BBA, MBA, PhD - Professor at the University of Waterloo in Canada. She has insurance specific research experience covering board ethnic diversity and risk strategies; Board diversity and CEO compensation; board composition and investments in technology; and Personal Background and Accounting Estimates: Cultural Origin, Gender and Reported Loss Reserves. She will bring some evidence that may surprise us to this discussion. Here is a link to her academic website - Olga Kanj.
- Olga will be joined by Rita Bajaj’s, NED at Ecclesiastical Insurance, Paul Jardine, Chair at Asta and Chaucer, Jane Andrewartha, Chair of Munich Re Syndicate Ltd and other insurance NED panellists to discuss Olga’s findings and the wider topic area.
Learning Objectives - Following this Webinar delegates should, at a high level, be able to:
- Learn information from the academic research around the impact of gender and ethnic diversity on insurers.
- Explain the key themes coming out of recent initiatives from the Bank of England, PRA, FCA, and Lloyd’s around inclusion, diversity, and culture.
- Understand possible actions that can be taken to improve the diversity, inclusion, and culture at Board level aiming to reduce risk, driving increased innovation and profitability.
We hope this will be a face-to-face event so look out for further details. In the meantime, please register your interest
Register for Event